Your skin’s main function is to provide protection, so it’s exposed to many environmental factors. That’s why it’s so important to regularly exfoliate and reveal the new, healthier skin below.
As our skin cells regenerate in their normal life cycle, old/dead cells naturally slough away, giving way to new cells. This natural process slows down as we age, causing dead cells to build up on skin’s surface, resulting in dry and dull looking skin.
Often a forgotten step in an ordinary beauty routine, exfoliation is key to revealing your best skin! With products available for your face, lips and body there’s no reason why you can’t have your softest, smoothest skin from head to toe!
Importance of exfoliation :
- Speeds up cell turnover: Our skin naturally regenerates itself but this process slows down significantly the older we become. Incorporating an exfoliating product into your weekly routine helps accelerate this natural process, revealing a more radiant complexion.
- Breaks up discoloration: For anyone suffering from hyperpigmentation, you should know that being in the sun will only make the issue worse, so using a daily SPF is key to preventing the production of additional melanin. But how can you manage existing areas of discoloration? In addition to shedding dead cells, exfoliation also helps break up hyperpigmented cells. This is a critical step in your weekly routine to revealing brighter skin.
- Reducing the symptoms of Acne and Hormonal Breakouts. If you have acne prone skin or you fall victim to monthly hormonal breakouts, exfoliation is a must for you.Regular exfoliating will help to gently remove the build-up of dead skin cells that block your pores and cause those annoying breakouts
- Improvement of Skin Texture Exfoliating encourages the skin renewal process and makes way for your new healthy cells to shine through.Your complexion transforms from rough and dull to soft and glowing.
- Challenging the Ageing Process. As you age, you may notice your skin gradually becoming rougher. This is caused by a build-up of multiple layers of dead skin cells that have accumulated over time. Exfoliating your skin helps to retain its healthy glow as you mature.
- Improved Moisture Absorption. When layers of dead skin cells build up, it’s difficult for your new skin to properly absorb the nourishing moisturisers and serums you apply every day. Regular exfoliating will ensure you are reaping the benefits of your regular skin and sun care routine.
How often do you need to exfoliate?
For manual exfoliation, we recommend incorporating this step into your nightly routine 1-3x per week for best results. Over exfoliation can cause more harm than good- make sure you listen to your skin’s needs to prevent any damage